Sunday, October 4, 2009

Meet Roma

One of my attempts to find my sense of self again (oh how dramatic!) is to find a hobby that I can really feel passionate about. Since I will be moving into someplace I can call home, albeit a rented one, I have decided to grow some plants.

I have been talking to my avid-gardener mother for some time about this, and so this morning I awoke to discover this little piece of joy by my bedside.
Her name is Roma...because she is a roma tomato plant. I am planning to put her in a strawberry pot and plant lovely herbs like basil, thyme and mint around her base.

Procrast Nation Score: Gardening

Time Occupied... low to high (depending on the complexity of your gardening)

Difficulty... as difficult as you want to make it. Roma is going to be easy to look after, but apparently I have to keep and eye on her because she will get hungry and thirsty.

Getawaywithitability... limited because tending pots is a very luxurious thing to do. You do get the benefit of having messy hands after you finish - but many people would argue that keeping plants is a narcissistic waste of time. Especially when you can get delightful fresh tomatoes at markets and the like.

1 comment:

  1. hello! it's genevieve rankin, of former chamber choir. just dropping by saying hi, and i love your blog.
    but i can't follow it! there's no follow button!

    ReplyDelete